Data protection declaration
1. Description of Nakatomi’s Business.
Nakatomi Research provides sampling solutions and technology for survey research, and providing clients with access to consumer and business-to-business respondents via internet, telephone (both fixed/landline and wireless/mobile), postal and multi-mode methodologies. Nakatomi serves a vast array of for-profit and not-for profit businesses, universities and governmental agencies and departments.
2. What type of information do we collect?
We collect the following information of the following type:
- Personally identifiable information (“PII”) which includes, without limitation, first and last names, email address, telephone number(s) (e.g., home, mobile, and business numbers), and residential address.
- Business contact information, including, without limitation, company name, job title, and department.
- Information on your employer or the company you represent.
3. How do we collect information?
- Through telephone calls, email communications, and/or other forms of communication with you.
- Through inquiries, from requests for bids or quotes from our website.
- Information collected from third parties: Nakatomi may collect information, including, without limitation, PII and business contact information, from third parties, including, without limitation, information service bureaus, data brokers, social media platforms, and/or industry conference or event organizers or sponsors. We may use the information collected from such third parties for various purposes, including, without limitation, sending you emails or other communications as described herein. In the event you receive such communications you will have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us.
4. How We Use the Information that We Collect?
We may use the information you provide us whan you register to our panel to:
- Provide, administer, and communicate with you about Nakatomi ’s services
- Create, supplement, and update Nakatomi ´s directories and records for actual and/or potential suppliers, customers, and/or clients;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, claims, liabilities, and to manage risk exposure;
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Operate, evaluate, conduct, and improve Nakatomi ’s business (including, without limitation, to conduct and complete transactions for Nakatomi ’s products and/or services, to improve Nakatomi’s current products and/or services, to develop new products and/or services, etc.);
- Process and manage opt-out or unsubscribe requests;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes, and industry standards and practices;
- Conduct marketing and market research activities including, without limitation,: (a) contacting you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys or questionnaires via telephone, email, or otherwise, and (b) soliciting your opinions or feedback on Nakatomi ’s business activities, including, without limitation, current and future products and services;
- Create and send targeted communications to you regarding you or your company’s transactions with Nakatomi and/or the profile for your company;
- Respond to a subpoena or an order of a court or government agency;
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, including, without limitation, in order to protect the safety of an individual or to protect Nakatomi ’s rights and/or property; and
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities with Nakatomi .
5. How do we share your information?
Nakatomi does not sell and does not disclose your private information. We only take into account your opinion. The demographic and other information you provide us is only to address the right surveys according to your profile.
6. Where is Information Stored?
Nakatomi can emphatically state that all the data you provide to Nakatomi (registration, profile and survey responses) will be stored in the EU on highly secured servers in a market leading data storage facility.
7. What Security Measures Has Nakatomi Implemented?
Nakatomi maintains appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect information, including, without limitation, PII, received or collected by Nakatomi . Nakatomi reviews, monitors and evaluates its privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. Notwithstanding the foregoing, transmissions over the Internet and/or a mobile network are not one hundred percent (100%) secure and Nakatomi does not guarantee the security of such transmissions. Nakatomi is not responsible for any errors by individuals in submitting PII to Nakatomi .
8. How long the data is stored?
We store your personal data for as long we have your consent to do so. If you revoke your consent the corresponding data will be deleted in accordance with statutory regulations.
9. How can I opt-out?
If at any time you wish to be deleted from our database, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from our program and with that, all of your data will be permanently deleted. While we are very strict about your privacy, we are also very strict about our client’s privacy. As a member of our community you will have access to information about products that are not yet on the market. You are absolutely prohibited from blogging about any survey content, copying and distributing images or in any other way sharing specific information that may harm our clients.
10. Use of Social Plug-ins
The icons or buttons of the social networks work as external links, your information is not transferred to one of these providers. By clicking on one of the icons, the user will be redirected to the website of the respective social network.
You can find information on this matter in the data protection declarations of the respective providers:
If you have any questions about this policy please contact us at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding data protection or requests for information or for deletion of your data, you can contact our data protection officer at any time:
Our data protection officer is: Ms. Natividad C. Grandez